- Bioartificial Pancreas News brings you up-to-date on research activities that could lead to a cure.
- Summer Camp Fun for Kids & Teens with Diabetes in Washington State, sponsored by the ADA Washington Affiliate, provide mainstream camping experiences for kids with diabetes.
- There are a few changes to the Message Board:
- The bug that prevented AOL users from displaying the Conference lists has been fixed.
- You can now use the Message Board as a Guest User, though you will not be allowed to post messages.
- Diabetic Mentor by Vigora is a simple diabetes management package, available for both PC's running Microsoft Windows and the Macintosh.
- The Juvenile Diabetes Foundation website has the following new material:
- Diabetes Research Breakthroughs
- Health Care Reform
- Diabetes Research Funding Recommendations for Fiscal Year 1997
- The Canadian Diabetes Association website has an interesting food and diet quiz.
- Ophthalmology Associates of Ogden, Utah, has a discussion of diabetic retinopathy.
- New recipes this week include Rich Chocolate Mousse and Creamy Rice Pudding.
Items of Continuing Importance
- The Kassebaum-Kennedy Health Care Reform Act of 1995 (S.1028) needs your help.
- Parents should read about the Diabetes Prevention Trial and enroll non-diabetic siblings.
- The Friends database now has hundreds of names of parents, kids, teens and adults willing to exchange e-mail. Be sure to stop by and search for a new friend.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:38
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.