- Kim Evanovich reminds us to keep an eye on the big picture. In Parents' Voices.
- Dr. Claudia Chaufan, herself a diabetic, shares with us an essay that won a prize in a journalism contest in her native Argentina. In Expert Advice.
- Camp Needlepoint and Camp Daypoint offer incredible adventures for kids in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
- The Juvenile Diabetes Foundation website has the following new material:
- Portion Pak can help you learn about meal planning. First in a new product section called Meal Planning Aids.
- We review Mellitus Manager, diabetes management software for PC's running Windows.
- Guardian Angel: Patient-Centered Health Information Systems, written by MIT Computer Science researchers, describes how current technology can be combined in innovative ways to help people with chronic illnesses, like Type 1 diabetes. Note: Document size is 157 KB.
- The Internet Sleuth Diseases and Conditions search page lets you search for medical information from a variety of web sites, including children with DIABETES.
Items of Continuing Importance
- The Kassebaum-Kennedy Health Care Reform Act of 1995 (S.1028) needs your help.
- Parents should read about the Diabetes Prevention Trial and enroll non-diabetic siblings.
- The Friends database now has hundreds of names of parents, kids, teens and adults willing to exchange e-mail. Be sure to stop by and search for a new friend.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday August 29, 2002 20:59:52
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2014. Comments and Feedback.