- Recommended products now have a smily face image next to the product name. It looks like this:
- We review the following four lancing devices and one new lancet in Lancets and Lancing Devices:
- Health Alert: Vaccines Alter Diabetes Risk! discusses the BCG vaccine and its experimental use to prevent Type 1 diabetes.
- Can Caretakers of Children With IDDM Accurately Measure Small Insulin Doses and Dose Changes?. From Diabetes Care: Volume 19, Number 01; Pages: 56-59; January 1996.
- The Juvenile Diabetes Foundation website has the following new material:
- DiabCare Quality Network in Europe is a European consortium of partners in health care, industry and research that targets improvement in diabetes care.
- Key Lime Pie is the perfect spring and summer dessert.
Items of Continuing Importance
- The Friends database has names of parents, kids, teens and adults willing to exchange e-mail. Please stop by and search for a new friend.
- The Kassebaum-Kennedy Health Care Reform Act of 1995 (S.1028) needs your help.
- Parents should read about the Diabetes Prevention Trial and enroll non-diabetic siblings.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:38
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.