Across the United States and around the world, JDF walkers raise money to fund research that seeks to find a cure for diabetes and its complications. Contact the nearest JDF Chapter to learn how you can help.
- Parents of toddlers with diabetes are invited to a focused chat session in the Parents' Chat Room on Thursday, August 15, at 10:00 PM EDT.
- To assist travelers with diabetes, visitors from around the world are requested to send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with how to say "I Have Diabetes" in their native language. If your native language can't be represented by characters on your computer, you can attach a graphic to the e-mail. In several weeks, a complete list will be published.
- Diabetes Basics adds information about Traveling with Diabetes.
- We evaluate the NovoPen 1.5, Novo Nordisk's new pen injection system that can deliver insulin in one unit increments.
- Specialty Foods, a new section, begins with a review of the NiteBite snack bar that is designed to reduce the risk of nighttime hypoglycemia.
- The Juvenile Diabetes Foundation describes its Diabetes Interdisciplinary Research Programs.
- The Roanoke Valley Chapter of the JDF has a WALK FOR THE CURE goal of $500,000.
- Diabetic Recipes contains a large, searchable list of recipes for people with diabetes.
- Prescribing the Diabetic Diet will help you learn how to determine caloric requirements, daily macronutrient requirements, use the Exchange Lists, and use carbohydrate counting.
- Programmers seeking to write software to interface with One Touch meters will find the data communications protocol described in the following documents:
- Diabetogia Hungarica is the Official Journal of the Hungarian Diabetes Society. Published in English.
- Institut Vuk Vrhovac is part of the University of Zagreb in Croatia. You can read the contents of DIABETOLOGIA CROATICA, the journal of the Institute. Web site pages are in both English and Croatian.
- Mandal og omegn diabetesforening is a web site in Norway that has links to diabetes sites.
- Q & A about Human Insulin from Medic Drug's Pharmacy Page answers some questions about human insulin.
- Sweet Health sells sweet delicacies for sugar-free gourmets. Included are cake and cookie mixes! Full nutritional information for all their products is included in their web site.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:25
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.