Across the United States and around the world, JDF walkers raise money to fund research that seeks to find a cure for diabetes and its complications. Contact the nearest JDF Chapter to learn how you can help. Across the United States, ADA walkers raise money to fund various activities, including support for camps for children with diabetes. Contact the nearest ADA Affiliate to learn how you can help. IBM US United Way Campaign
- We have a follow-up to the Cow's Milk Not Linked to Type 1 Diabetes report.
- We review the CheckMate Plus blood glucose monitoring system.
- Balance PC Diabetes Software appears to be a complete diabetes management system that includes downloading from several types of meters, event logging, diet and weight targets, and more. A review is forthcoming.
- Your Health Daily, an on-line publication of the The New York Times Syndicate, has several interesting articles related to diabetes:
- Childhood Diabetes Linked To Spring And Summer Birthdays
- Diabetics Need Emotional Support, Not Just Insulin
- Diabetes Control Can Prevent Complications
- Study: Diabetes Not Tied To Cow's Milk
- Dramatic Advances For Type 1 Diabetics
- Rich Chocolate Cheesecake makes an excellent dessert choice.
- For more recipes, see the Recipes from the Joslin Diabetes Gourmet Cookbook, courtesy of MediLife.
- If you search for information in children with DIABETES, please try the new search engine.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Saturday September 08, 2007 09:42:11
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2014. Comments and Feedback.