Of Continuing Interest
- The results of the recent readers survey are complete.
- Andrea DeFusco, mother of a six year old boy with diabetes, is conducting research for her master's thesis in special education. Please help her by answering the questions in her survey about your child and diabetes in school.
New This Week
- Questions to the Diabetes Team continue at a record pace. We've posted 26 questions and answers in the last week. Please be patient if your question isn't answered as quickly as you might like. The members of the Diabetes Team are volunteers who offer their wisdom and experience during their spare time. Be sure to check the index of previous questions to see if we've already answered your question.
- The Chat Rooms now report your computer's host name. This should help eliminate confusion when two people with the same name are chatting in one room.
- Intensive Treatment of Diabetes Pays Off according to The New York Times.
- Read about Implantable Insulin Pumps, from Clinical Diabetes, Volume 14, No. 2, March/April 1996.
- Read A1c Is Our Best Outcome Measure: Let's Use It, from Clinical Diabetes, Volume 14, No. 4, July/August 1996.
- The Juvenile Diabetes Foundation and the American Diabetes Association publish many brochures about diabetes, as do many companies involved in diabetes. Many of these brochures are of great value as introductions to diabetes for teachers, care givers, family members and friends. We highlight some of the more useful ones.
- Looking for a simple meal planning aid? Try the Meal Planning Spreadsheet, a simple yet informative tool.
- The DiabetesDek is a pocket-sized reference tool that serves as a day-to-day guide for diabetes management.
- Gloria Loring is a famous entertainer who has a child with diabetes. She has written several books for parents of kids with diabetes.
- The Sweet Support is a self-funded, not-for-profit group located in London, Ontario, Canada, that meets at the CDA's Banting House.
- SpectRx is a medical technology development company that is developing a painless, bloodless personal glucose monitor.
- The Diabetic Gourmet provides information and resources dedicated to diabetic living, with exciting recipes, feature articles, and useful resources.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:25
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.