Of Continuing Interest
- Andrea DeFusco, mother of a six year old boy with diabetes, is conducting research for her master's thesis in special education. Please help her by answering the questions in her survey about your child and diabetes in school.
New This Week
- children with DIABETES has been selected as a finalist in the National Information Infrastructure Awards for 1996 in the Health category.
- News & Information updates:
- BCG Vaccination Given After Onset of Type 1 Diabetes Not Helpful (November 16, 1996)
- FDA requests an in-home study to finalize the approval process of the Diasensor 1000 (November 14, 1996)
- Abbot and SpectRx Announce Agreement on Painless Bloodless Technology for Monitoring Personal Glucose
- MiniMed Inc. and Disetronic Medical Systems, Inc. announce settlement of lawsuits. MiniMed and Disetronic make insulin pumps.
- Electronics Delay Slows Development Progress Of Cygnus Glucowatch(Tm). children with DIABETES has several other stories about the GlucoWatch.
- If you live in the United States and camps for children with diabetes are important to you, please call your local ADA affiliate and urge them not to stop their support for the camps.
- If you are interested in learning about the insulin pump, plan to chat with representatives of Disetronic, including a long-time user of a pump, on Monday, November 25th, at 9:00 PM Eastern US Time. Eastern US Time is 5 hours behind GMT.
- The SENSOREX® Blood Glucose Monitoring System is a new blood glucose meter. Watch for a review soon.
- TWO TYPES, a new magazine for people with diabetes, debuts this month in print and on the web. When a Family Member Has Diabetes is a sample article.
- You can read the American Diabetes Association position statements on the following topics:
- Position Statement Definition
- Bedside Blood Glucose Monitoring in Hospitals
- Concurrent Care
- Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion
- Diabetes Mellitus and Exercise
- Diagnosis and Management of Nephropathy in Patients with Diabetes Mellitus
- Food Labeling
- Foot Care in Patients With Diabetes Mellitus
- Gestational Diabetes Mellitus
- Hospital Admission Guidelines for Diabetes Mellitus
- Hypoglycemia and Employment/Licensure
- Implications of the Diabetes Control and Complications Trial
- Insulin Administration
- Management of Diabetes in Correctional Institutions
- Nutrition Recommendations and Principles for People With Diabetes Mellitus
- Office Guide to Diagnosis and Classification of Diabetes Mellitus and Other Categories of Glucose Intolerance
- Pancreas Transplantation for Patients With Diabetes Mellitus
- Preconception Care of Women With Diabetes
- Prevention of Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus
- Screening for Diabetes
- Screening for Diabetic Retinopathy
- Standards of Medical Care for Patients With Diabetes Mellitus
- The Pharmacological Treatment of Hyperglycemia in NIDDM
- Third-Party Reimbursement for Diabetes Care, Self-Management Education, and Supplies
- Unproven Therapies
- Urine Glucose and Ketone Determinations
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:25
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.