Of Continuing Interest
- Andrea DeFusco, mother of a six year old boy with diabetes, is conducting research for her master's thesis in special education. Please help her by answering the questions in her survey about your child and diabetes in school.
- If you live in the United States and camps for children with diabetes are important to you, please call your local ADA affiliate and urge them not to stop their support for the camps.
New This Week
- If you are interested in learning about the insulin pump, plan to chat with representatives of Disetronic, including a long-time user of a pump, on Monday, November 25th, at 9:00 PM Eastern US Time. Eastern US Time is 5 hours behind GMT.
- There are now two side chat rooms for you to use to take conversations "off-line."
- U.S. Federal Trade Commission says companies cannot claim benefit from chromium picolinate supplement.
- New to Adult Voices are:
- Ivan Scheblykin from Russia, who tells us about how athletics has helped him reduce his insulin needs, and
- Julian from Australia, a keen sailboarder and sailer.
- Many of the books listed in Books and Videos for Children with Diabetes, Books and Videos for Parents of Children with Diabetes, and Cookbooks for Diabetics now contain links to Amazon.com, the world's largest on-line bookstore. When you purchase a book through one of these links, a small portion of the purchase price will go to help sustain children with DIABETES.
- The Risk of Developing I Diabetes presents statistics that show the risk of developing Type 1 diabetes.
- Diabetes-East/West Perspective presents a rather good overview of diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2) from the Western perspective, followed by traditional Chinese understanding of and treatements for the diseases, including herbal and accupuncture therapy.
- The Teen Reaction Board of the Cleveland Chapter of the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation helps kids of all ages learn to manage their diabetes, and helps them overcome their fears and problems.
- Sugarfree Candy Express, founded by Teresa Snow, parent of a child with diabetes, offers a 10% discount to visitors to children with DIABETES. Be sure to tell them you qualify for the 10% discount!
- Daniel Klein has a German language page about the Disetronic insulin pump.
- Coos Visser's Diabetes Page has information about diabetes in Dutch and English. He also includes information about his experiences with Humalog.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday August 29, 2002 20:59:52
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2014. Comments and Feedback.