Of Continuing Interest
- Note to parents who completed the school survey:
Thanks to all of you and your overwhelming support of my thesis project--a handbook for parents of school-age children with diabetes. Your contributions made my work possible. I think we all learned from eachother, and hopefully the handbook will help those still struggling with problems with diabetes management in the schools. My handbook is being reviewed for medical and legal accuracy and then will be made available for your review in January. Please feel free to email me as some of you had asked questions but neglected to give me your email address.
New This Week
- children with DIABETES will be taking a holiday vacation beginning December 23 and ending around December 28. During this time, there will be no new cut-out e-mail addresses assigned to new Friends.
- New to Kids' Voices is Vlad Grosu, an 11 year old boy from Craiova, Romania.
- We review the Insulcap, a small, plastic device that can make drawing insulin easier.
- Stressors and their Moderators as Related to Behavior Problems in Children with Diabetes is the thesis of Zhinuam Yu, a graduate student in the Ph.D. program of the Psychology Department at Tulane University.
- Researchers report Evidence of a Relationship Between Childhood-Onset Type 1 Diabetes and Low Groundwater Concentration of Zinc
- Low Sugar Diabetic Recipes from Quaker Oats includes oatmeal raisin cookies, weighing at at 9 grams of carbohydrates per cookie.
- Disability Resources, Affiliates and Groups network (DRAGnet) provides computers to people with disabilities and disadvantaged individuals. If you know a child with diabetes who could benefit from a computer, contact DRAGnet and mention children with DIABETES.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:26
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.