New This Week
- Share children with DIABETES with your friends -- get free children with DIABETES cards.
- Camps for kids with diabetes that have updated information for 1997 are marked with the graphic. Contact your camp and let them know to send in their latest information, and be sure to check out these camps:
- Florida's Diabetes Camp sits on 47 acres on the shores of beautiful Lake Winona.
- Chris Dudley Basketball Camp in Oregon is for boys and girls with diabetes, ages 10 to 17, who want to learn about basketball.
- Seaweed fight diabetes [sic], from Gemini Magazine, recounts the first human transplant of an artificial pancreas, carried out in 1993, using encapsulated islet cells.
- Hyperglycemic Hyperosmolar Nonketotic Syndrome is a metabolic disorder characterized by hyperglycemia with blood glucose levels above 600 mg/dL, extreme dehydration, and moderate to severe mental impairment, most commonly brought on by undiagnosed Type 2 diabetes.
- The National Diabetes Education Initiative (NDEI) website is an online resource for medical education programs on Type 2 diabetes and insulin resistance.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:26
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.