Of Continuing Interest
- The Diabetes Team is seeking qualified health care professionals to help answer your questions.
- The Lilly Diabetes Scholarship Program will award fifty US$2,500 college scholarships to applicants with diabetes based on merit, community involvement, and academic achievement.
>> The application deadline for this scholarship is March 31, 1997. Don't delay! <<
New This Week
- Nickelodeon Network is scheduled to air a segment on kids with diabetes on Sunday, March 23, 1997 at 8:30 PM Eastern Time. Featured in the story will be three children with diabetes, Zachary (on the pump) and two children on injections. Be sure to tune in.
- Kristine Lilly is conducting a survey run by the Child Study Center of Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Virginia and the University of Kansas Medical Center.
- Courage, the Diabetic Superhero, is an on-line comic. Joshua, age 11, is the inspiration for Courage.
- Camps for kids with diabetes with updated information for 1997 include:
- Triangle D, celebrating 48 years of camping, offers children with diabetes in northern Illinois a summer camping experience.
- Elliott P. Joslin Camp and the Joslin Winter Camp in Charlton, Massachusetts.
- The Canadian Diabetes Association has an updated list of Canadian Camps for Kids with Diabetes.
- At Massachusetts Diabetes Day on the Hill, to be held on Monday, March 24, 1997 from 10:00AM until about 1:00PM, a group will be talking with our state legislators about a new bill that seeks to unify insurance coverage for diabetes outpatient self-management, and ensure that all diabetics (Type 1, Type 2, and gestational) have the same items covered by all insurance carriers.
- The Nephrogenic Diabetes Insipidus Network helps families with children who have diabetes insipidus.
- Fruit Muffins are naturally good tasting.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:39
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.