Of Continuing Interest
- The Diabetes Team is seeking qualified health care professionals to help answer your questions.
- Kristine Lilly is conducting a survey run by the Child Study Center of Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Virginia and the University of Kansas Medical Center.
New This Week
- If your browser supports frames, you should try the frames version of children with DIABETES.
- New to Parents' Voices are
- Peggy, who recounts for us the diagnosis of Dillon, her five year old son.
- Arlene Mishanie, who shares with us a poetry collection dealing with her family's experiences with diabetes. Both her husband and son have Type 1 diabetes.
- Glycohemoglobin testing is discussed in detail in the April 1997 issue of Diabetes Forecast.
- Diabetes Monitor has a concise list of the symptoms of diabetes
- The computer programs listed in Computerizing Your Meter have been organized by computer type (PC, Macintosh, and Other) to help you find the right kind of software.
- Insulin Lispro in CSII Results of a Double-Blind Crossover Study demonstrates that insulin pump users can achieve improved control by using insulin lispro instead of Regular. (From Diabetes, March 1997 Volume 46, Number 3)
- From the March 1997 issue of Diabetes Care are the following articles:
- The Safety of Injecting Insulin Through Clothing
- Acarbose in the Treatment of Type 1 Diabetes
- Effect of Intensive Treatment of Diabetes on the Risk of Death or Renal Failure in NIDDM and IDDM
- A study on Diabetic Ketoacidosis Charges Relative to Medical Charges of Adult Patients With Type 1 Diabetes shows that "DKA episodes represented more than $1 of every $4 spent on direct medical care for adult patients with type I diabetes and $1 of every $2 in those patients experiencing multiple episodes."
- The Diabetes Connection Summer Adventure Camp, sponsored by the Medical College of Ohio, has been updated for 1997.
- Insulin Dependent Diabetes: New Advances in Prediction, Prevention and Intervention will be help in Boston, MA, from May 19-20, 1997.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:39
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.