Of Continuing Interest
- The Diabetes Team is seeking qualified health care professionals to help answer your questions.
- The Message Board has been upgraded. New features, such as letting your browser remember your password, make it much easier to use. If you are a Message Board user, please take a few minutes to explore the new features.
- Kristine Lilly is conducting a survey run by the Child Study Center of Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Virginia and the University of Kansas Medical Center.
New This Week
- Megan Goodrich is twelve years old and was recently diagnosed.
- Chapter 3 of Sugared Three, poetry by Arlene G. Mishanie, is online. The final chapter is written from her son's perspective on the disease.
- The Texas Lions Camp in Kerrville, Texas, offers camp for kids with diabetes and other disabilities. The camp is fully paid for by the Texas Lions.
- Camp Hope, sponsored by the Wyoming Affiliate of the American Diabetes Association, provides summer camp for children with diabetes between the ages of 7 and 18.
- Diabetes Institutes researchers isolate gene, protein involved in pancreatic islet regeneration.
- In an editorial entitled Islet and Pancreatic Transplantation -- Autoimmunity and Alloimmunity, Drs. George S. Eisenbarth and Mark Stegall of the Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes discuss the limits to the success of pancreatic transplants.
- Battling for a Normal Life for Geoffrey highlights the need for legislation to prevent discrimination against children with diabetes in school and child care settings.
- Exercise: An Alternative Therapy for Gestational Diabetes offers advice on managing gestational diabetes. From The Physician and Sportsmedicine, Vol 24 , No. 3, March 1996.
- The Integ LifeGuide is a bloodless glucose measuring device currently under development.
- Gray Ribbon web sites are springing up all over. Here are two:
- World Diabetes is a newsletter from the World Health Organization.
- The National Diabetes Information Clearinghouse, a service of the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, provides titles, abstracts and availability information on diabetes information and health education materials.
- Diabetes Educators Online, from the West Virginia University School of Nursing, is designed to address the online information needs of the beginning and experienced Diabetes Educator.
- Comp-Pat-Able Diabetes Page contains links to South African diabetes pages.
- Auto Control Medical is a Canadian distributor of diabetes control and home health care products.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:26
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.