Of Continuing Interest
- The Diabetes Team is seeking qualified health care professionals to help answer your questions.
- Kristine Lilly is conducting a survey run by the Child Study Center of Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Virginia and the University of Kansas Medical Center.
New This Week
- The browser-based chat rooms were modified slightly to accommodate longer messages without error.
- Assessing, Controlling, and Assuring the Quality of Medical Information on the Internet is an editorial by the Journal of the American Medical Association.
- Diabetes Miscellany has a discussion of the Gray Ribbon Campaign.
- New to Computerizing Your Meter is Healthmate, a diabetes management system for the Newton PDA by MedData Interactive. The website includes screen shots of the program and an excellent description of how it works.
- The Children's Nutrition Research Center, from Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas, has information about food and nurtition.
- MedicAlert South Africa describes what MedicAlert does and includes an application form.
- The Association for Glycogen Storage Disease helps people affected by GSD, who have an inherited defect in one of the enzymes responsible for forming or releasing glycogen as it is needed by the body during exercise and/or between meals. John Lamb has a daughter with GSD-1 and is willing to share information with other parents.
- Disetronic Medical Systems USA now has its own website, with information about the H-TRON plus V100 insulin pump.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:26
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.