- Megan Yoerger, who is 12 years old and lives in Adelaide, South Australia, has updated her page.
- Hypoglycemia : What Every Person on Insulin Should Know from the July 1997 issue Diabetes Interview highlights the dangers of hypoglycemia.
- Research into the Reliability of Current Guidelines for Recreational Scuba Divers with Insulin-Dependent Diabetes, reported in Diabetes Monitor, describes a research project to study scuba diving by people with Type 1 diabetes.
- Juvenile Diabetes Foundation Applauds NIH Increase for Medical Research
- Teaching Nonvisual Diabetes Self-Care: Choosing Appropriate Tools and Techniques for Visually Impaired Individuals offers excellent advice for how to manage diabetes if you have visual impairments. From Diabetes Spectrum Volume 10 Number 2, 1997, Pages 128-134.
- Dietary Cow's Milk Protein Does Not Alter the Frequency of Diabetes in the BB Rat. (July 1997 issue of Diabetes.)
There has been considerable discussion about whether or not exposure to cow's milk increases the risk of developing Type 1 diabetes. For additional information, see also:
- Cow's Milk Not Linked to Type 1 Diabetes
- Follow-Up to Cow's Milk Not Linked to Type 1 Diabetes Report
- A new method of extracting islets from donor pancreases yields improved results over previous methods. (Reported in the July 1997 issue of Diabetes.)
- What is the highest recorded blood sugar?
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday August 29, 2002 20:59:52
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.