- Michelle Winkler, a second grader with diabetes, tells us her story.
- Groundhog Bob's IDDM Burrow is written by Donna Wyman, mother of Bob, who has Type 1 diabetes.
- Just in time for school, we updated information about Hypoglycemia and Guidelines for Treating Lows by Age.
- Diabetes Cure Now, a group that works to increase awareness of the need for a cure, has a list of famous people with diabetes. (Most have Type 2, as would be expected.)
- Glucom v2.0 claims to be the easiest diabetes control and management software. You can download a free evaluation copy.
- California Assembly Bill 221 "... would authorize blood glucose testing for the purposes of monitoring a minor child with diabetes to be performed in a child day care facility." If you live in California, find your Assembly representative and express your support for the bill.
- The Centers for Disease Control is sponsoring Diabetes: Control is Prevention, a conference that will be held via satellite on October 30, 1997 from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time. The goals of the conference are:
- Increase awareness of the impact of diabetes
- Highlight existing efforts to reduce the burden of diabetes
- Mobilize communities to action to improve diabetes outcomes
- The American Board of Medical Specialities web site allows you to verify that your doctor is board certified.
- Dr. Greene's HouseCalls, an informational web site dealing with pediatric questions, answers a question about diabetes (and mentions children with DIABETES).
- Application of information technology in clinical diabetes care, from the journal Medical Informatics, discusses the application of information technology in clinical diabetes care.
- The list of Global Diabetes Organizations has been updated and indexed.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:27
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.