- With school starting (in the United States), fall isn't far behind (in the northern hemisphere). It's time to order your very own children with DIABETES sweatshirt.
- Kayla Edwards, who is six years old, was diagnosed on August 20, 1997.
- Parents concerned about cow's milk should read Infant Feeding Practices and Their Possible Relationship to the Etiology of Diabetes Mellitus, a Policy Statement of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Brown Bag Success: Making Healthy Lunches Your Kids Won't Trade, a new book by Chronimed Publishing, will help parents who have school-aged children with diabetes make lunches that get eaten.
- Research into Complications lists research programs investigating complications caused by diabetes. Highlighted this week is Vision Changes in Diabetes, with references to information about diabetic eye complications.
- The New Food Label: Coping with Diabetes by Paula Kurtzweil explains how the new food label can help you make better food choices.
- The Diabetes Mailing List Home Page serves as the home for an e-mail-based support group for people with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes.
- MetaMedix, maker of the Mellitus Manager Software, now has it's own web site.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:27
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.