New This Week
- Can't decide on the perfect gift for that special person in your life? How about a children with DIABETES T-shirt or sweatshirt? You get a great gift and help support the web site that helps everyone with diabetes.
- Please take a survey about your experiences with blood test meters and diabetes information on the Internet.
- Friends help us deal with diabetes. Check out our newest friends.
- Mailing lists are a great way to share experiences with others. children with DIABETES now offers five mailing lists. To join, just click on the link below to visit the registration web page. Before you are officially added to the list, you will be asked to verify your e-mail address via an e-mail sent to you. (Only validated list members may post messages to the list.) You may join any or all of the mailing lists.
- Parents of children with diabetes
- Kids with diabetes
- Teens with diabetes
- Adults with diabetes
- Health care professionals
(Note: When you sign up, you have two choices for e-mail delivery: immediate or digest. If you select immediate mode, you will receive a copy of each e-mail posted to the list immediately. If you select digest mode, you'll receive one or two messages per day (at the times indicated on the web sign up page) with the messages sent to the list that day.)
- Are your kids getting bored with school lunches? If so, be sure to get a copy of the Featured Book of the Week: Brown Bag Success: Making Healthy Lunches Your Kids Won't Trade by by Sandra K. Nissenberg, MS, RD and Barbara N. Pearl, MS, RD.
- FDA approves glucose/fructosamine meter for sale in the United States.
- Glucose Metabolism Defect In Rare Form Of Diabetes Revealed. (Posted 14 Dec 97)
- The Badminton Club of Veterans General Hospital-Kaohsiung, Taiwan, Republic of China, has information about the Diabetes Control and Complications Trial.
- Caffeine May Help Diabetics Detect Low Blood Sugar, according to an article from 1996.
- Living With Diabetes is a television series dedicated to helping people understand, manage, and live well with diabetes. Visit the Kaleidoscope Television web site to see a listing of upcoming programs.
- Diabetes Austria covers diabetes for Austria.
- Gestational Diabetes: What to Expect provides a brief yet good introduction to gestational diabetes.
- The The Free & Equal Dessert Cookbook has 160 recipes for sugar-free desserts, from cakes and cookies to puddings and soufflés.
- In time for holiday dessert, we have a sugar-free pumpkin pie recipe.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:40
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.