Of Continuing Interest
- We welcome Advantage Health Services, a mail order pharmacy specializing in diabetes products, as the new sponsor of the Products pages.
- Restrictions have been placed on searching the Friends database to reduce the risk of third parties gathering large numbers of e-mail addresses for the purpose of sending unsolicited commercial e-mail. You will be able to run 10 searches, each of which returns 10 answers, in a given 30 minute period. After that, you will be required to wait 30 minutes before you run another search. Recent incidents in which companies selling diabetes-related products have sent commercial e-mail messages to people in the Friends database have made this restriction an unfortunate necessity.
New This Week
- Jodie Atwood is 14 and was recently diagnosed.
- Sue Tremblay asks, "Diabetes - Is there anything funny about it?"
- Jackie Thompson writes about her daughter Meghan.
- Dayse Taruselli writes about her feelings when her son was diagnosed.
- Camps for Children with Diabetes with updated information this week for the 1998 camping season include:
- Bearskin Meadow Camp includes a family camp for younger kids, a new program for young adults, and a 9-day backpack trip for 15-17 year olds.
- Camp John Warvel offers camp for kids ages 7 to 15 in Milford, Indiana.
- Elliott P. Joslin Camp and the Joslin Winter Camp in Charlton, Massachusetts.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Sugar-Free Toddlers by Susan Watson.
- The Tour de Cure 1998 is a fundraising bicycle tour to raise money for the American Diabetes Association. Many local ADA affiliates provide funding for camps for kids with diabetes.
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH), Office of Alternative Medicine (OAM) facilitates research and evaluation of unconventional medical practices and disseminates this information to the public.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday August 29, 2002 20:59:52
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.