- Daylight Savings Time started in the United States today. Don't forget to reset the clock on your meter.
- Kristen Wright, an eight-year-old girl with diabetes, tells us her story.
- Camps for Children with Diabetes with newly updated information for the 1998 camping season include:
- Camp AZDA at Friendly Pines Camp provides kids with diabetes in Arizona an excellent camping experience.
- Camp Glyndon in Marlyand provides a camping experience not only for kids with diabetes, but for their families too!
- Camp Midicha serves kids with diabetes in Michigan.
- Camp Needlepoint and Camp Daypoint offer incredible adventures for kids in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Sugar Was My Best Food: Diabetes and Me by Carol Antionette Peacock, Adair Gregory, and Kyle Carney Gregory; illustrated by Mary Jones.
- KWD Magazine, a magazine for kids with diabetes, has published its first issue.
- Your Child Has Diabetes ... What You Should Know is an eight-page brochure by the American Diabetes Association that contains an excellent introduction to diabetes for parents of newly diagnosed children.
- FDA Approves New High-Intensity Sweetener Sucralose.
- Cygnus, developer of the GlucoWatch non-invasive blood glucose sensor, has launched their own web site. The web site includes updated photographs of the product.
- Berkeley team develops microscopic drug delivery system.
- CP Pharmaceuticals produces beef and pork insulins sold under the Hypurin® brand and plans to continue to produce them.
- Juvenile Diabetes Foundation of St. Louis has a new web page.
- Kids with diabetes are invited to The Joslin Center For Diabetes in New York City on April 27 at 5:30 pm for Home Alone in the Diabetes Fun House.
- The American Diabetes Association New England Region is sponsoring a Family Fest Program on April 25, 1998 for families with family members with diabetes.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:28
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.