- Children with Diabetes is now a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation. In the coming weeks, there will be more information posted about the makeup of the corporation and how you can become a member and help support children with DIABETES.
- We have three additions to Kids' Voices this week:
- Chandi was diagnosed when she was two years old.
- Cody, a seven-year-old who plays soccer and is on a swim team.
- Lauren is six years old and has a cat named Spikey. She also does her own shots.
- The Featured Book of the Week is A Magic Ride in Foozbah-Land -- An Inside Look at Diabetes by Jean Betschart with illustrations by Jackie Urbanovic.
- The Role of the Clinical Laboratory In the New Approach to Diabetes, published by the American Association for Clinical Chemistry, discusses the ways in which laboratory technicians will contribute to better care for people with diabetes.
- The LifeScan Canada web site has information in both Engish and French. The Self-Care section contains recipes, information about the DCCT, and links to other diabetes-related web sites.
- Product manuals for LifeScan's OneTouch meters are on-line at the LifeScan web site in English, Spanish, French and Japanese.
- The mission of the Sociedade Brasileira de Diabetes is to contribute to the development of education, research and diabetes aid in Brazil.
- The SocietÓ Italiana di Diabetologia has information in both Italian and English.
- The cost of caring for diabetes can be expensive if you don't have insurance. Many companies have programs to help those who have trouble paying for their medical care. The Indigent Prescription Program web site includes information about programs at over 40 companies.
- In recent weeks, children with DIABETES has received numerous e-mail messages offering products for sale that purport to hold the cure for diabetes and many other ailments. Readers are urged to approach any such e-mail they might receive with a very large amount of skepticism. The following information, from Quack Watch, helps illustrate and expose the problem:
- Multilevel Marketing Scam
- Homeopathy: The Ultimate Fraud
- National Council Against Health Fraud Position on Homeopathy
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:29
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.