- Can-Am Care, maker of many fine diabetes care products, is the sponsor of the upcoming multimedia portions of children with DIABETES. In the weeks and months ahead, children with DIABETES will be adding audio, video and animations that use the Real Audio player. Visit www.real.com and download your free plugin now so you are ready to go.
- Presentations About Diabetes, a new section in children with DIABETES, debuts today with A Mothers Day Wish by Lauren L. Lanning. If you have a presentation about diabetes, here is your opportunity to share it with others.
- New to Kids' Voices this week are:
- Lindsey is nine years old and was diagnosed in February 1998.
- Rachel Lyn Bredeson, a teenager from Minnesota who wants to exchange e-mail
- Kristy Meanor assures other parents that "it will get easier to deal with each and every day."
- Genentech Discontinues IGF-I Drug Development Effort In Type I and Type II Diabetes
- The ADA encourages everyone to send a news release to their local newspaper and offers a free book to everyone who has the letter published.
- Calculating Carbohydrates for Recipes which don't have Nutritional Information will help you count carbs when you're eating homemade recipes.
- The Mailing Lists for Pump Users offer e-mail support and information to users of insulin pumps and their families.
- Diabetes Mellitus in the African Environment explores the growing incidence of diabetes in Africa.
- For next week, we're working on reviews of two new blood glucose meters: the FastTake from LifeScan and the Accu-Check Complete from Boehringer-Mannheim.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:29
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.