- Amanda's & Donna's Diabetic Home Page by Donna, a 13-year-old with diabetes, includes links to the British Diabetics WebRing.
- Summer camps for kids with diabetes with updated information this week include:
- Camp DAVI offers SCUBA diving for adults with diabetes, ages 17 and up.
- Camp De Los Ninos, in San Jose, California, offers camp for kids with diabetes ages 6 to 13.
- Camp Hickory Hill a summer camp in Columbia, Missouri, for children with diabetes ages 8 to 17.
- Camp Surf near San Diego offers teens with diabetes the chance to surf and sail.
- Teen Camp Sequoia Lake offers teens ages 13 to 17 an adventure among the Giant Sequoia trees near Kinds Canyon National Park.
- The use of lispro insulin instead of Regular in an insulin pump improves control and reduces hypoglycemia.
- Puberty Linked to Accelerated Process of Early Kidney Damage in Diabetes.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Brown Bag Success: Making Healthy Lunches Your Kids Won't Trade by Sandra K. Nissenberg, MS, RD and Barbara N. Pearl, MS, RD. Get ready for summer's picnics and trips to the amusement park by learning how to make lunches your kids will eat.
- We review The Carbohydrate Counting Cookbook, new from Chronimed Publishing.
- Diabetes decision may come before July 4th, ADA says.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:29
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.