Of Continuing Interest
- On Tuesday, June 16, at approximately 10:20 p.m. Eastern US, the server which hosts Children with Diabetes suffered a hard disk failure. All information was restored except for the most recent additions to the mailing list for receiving the What's New page via e-mail. If you have been reeiving the What's New page via e-mail each Sunday evening but didn't this week, please add your name to the list again. See the bottom of this page for instructions.
- Interested in inhaled insulin? Read our report from the ADA's 58th Scientific Sessions. Additional information gathered during the conference on a variety of topics will be posted in the coming days.
New This Week
- At Midnight Eastern US Time on June 30, 1998, all contents of the children with DIABETES web site still hosted at castleweb.com will move to the childrenwithdiabetes.com domain. The web server will automatically redirect requests for a file hosted at castleweb.com to the file at childrenwithdiabetes.com. At the same time, the "Ask the Diabetes Team" section is being reorganized. A database will assist you in finding Diabetes Team questions that are referenced from outside the Children with Diabetes web site.
- Alicia C. Huck de Aste, from Argentina, shares her thoughts about sending treats to school
- Adair Gregory, author of Sugar Was My Best Food: Diabetes and Me, will be appearing on Good Morning America on Tuesday, June 30th. He will also be featured in the July 3 edition of People magazine.
- The Starbright Foundation, with support from Eli Lilly, is giving away the STARBRIGHT Life Adventure Series: Diabetes CD-ROM to kids with diabetes ages 5 to 13 who live in the United States. The CD-ROM is narrated in both English and Spanish, and runs on both PC and Macintosh computers. To get your copy of the CD, call 1-800-760-3818.
- Summer camp is fast approaching. Camps for kids with diabetes that have updated information this week include:
- Camp Needles in the Pines is a one-week resident camp in Eastern North Carolina.
- Camp Too Sweet is a summer day camp for kids with diabetes in Radford, Virginia.
- The Circle of Life Camp provides camping for kids 8-15 at a lakeside campsite in the Adirondack Mountains in New York State.
- JDF reports House Subcommittee Provides Substantial Funding Increase for Medical Research
- The Long Island Chapter of the JDF has a very nice web page about their activities.
- Read the JDF Washington Report for June 19, 1998.
- The Featured Book of the Week is The Sun, The Rain and The Insulin: Growing Up With Diabetes by Joan MacCracken, M.D. The book is filled with stories of real families sharing the challenges of living with diabetes. Get your copy today.
- The International Islet Transplant Registry, based at the Medical Department of the University of Giessen, Germany, collects information about islet auto-, allo- and xenotransplantats performed throughout the world.
- The Gluc-O-Bar is a new timed-release glucose snack bar designed to help reduce the risk of hypoglycemia.
- The Insulin Pumping Web Ring connects web sites related to pumping insulin.
- The Diana's Legacy runs raffles for the Princess Beanie Baby doll and donates the proceeds to charity. One raffle is in support of the American Diabetes Association.
- Try a Chocolate Lace Cake for a dessert treat.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday August 29, 2002 20:59:52
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.