- On July 1, 1998, all contents of the children with DIABETES web site were moved to the childrenwithdiabetes.com domain. The web server will automatically redirect requests for a file hosted at castleweb.com to the file at childrenwithdiabetes.com.
- At the same time, the "Ask the Diabetes Team" section was completely reorganized. You can use the URL Finder to help you find Diabetes Team questions that are referenced from outside the Children with Diabetes web site.
- The Diabetes Team welcomes four new members:
- Camillo Ricordi, MD, Professor of Surgery and Medicine, Diabetes Research Institute, University of Miami School of Medicine
- Larry Deeb, MD, Clinical Professor, University of Florida College of Medicine
- Heather Valdes Speer, Clinical Research Coordinator, Children's Hospital of Orange County
- Lois Schmidt Finney, RD, MPH, CDE, Coordinator-DPT, Department of Medicine, Medical School, University of Minnesota Hospital and Clinic
- Becky writes about being diagnosed.
- The Featured Book of the Week is All the Days of Her Life by Lurlene McDaniel.
- Need someone to talk to about diabetes? Join the chat rooms or search for a friend in the Friends Database.
- On August 1 in Macon, Georgia, Colby Smith, who has Type 1 diabetes and has climbed the tallest mountains in the world, will show slides and tell his tales of adventure and survival under the most extreme conditions on earth!
- On Monday, July 27, join the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation Greater Chicago Chapter and Children's Memorial Hospital for a panel discussion about diabetes and social situations.
- Diabetes Mentor, a software management program by Vigora, has been updated. New versions for PC and Macintosh computers are available for download at the Vigora web site.
- The iVillage Better Health web site has information about diabetes.
- Fondation pour la Recherche Médicale is a French-language medical web site that includes information about diabetes.
- The Korean Diabetes Association was established in 1968 and now has more than 600 active members. In both Korean and English.
- InsuliNet is edited by Liz Dederich, who was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes in August of 1997, a few months shy of her 26th birthday. The centerpiece of The InsuliNet is the Carbohydrate Calculator.
- Children's Transport for Life, Mercey Medical Airlift, and National Patient Air Transportation Helpline work to provide free transportation to children who need access to medical research centers and disease-specific treatment programs.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday August 29, 2002 20:59:52
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.