- Please take a moment to become a member of Children with Diabetes and help support the world's largest diabetes on-line community. Your financial support will ensure that the children with DIABETES web site continues to help kids, parents and adults with diabetes all over the world.
- children with DIABETES will have a display at the American Association of Diabetes Educators annual meeting in Minneapolis, August 20-22, 1998. If you will be attending the AADE meeting, stop by, say hello, and register for a free sweatshirt and T-shirt.
- Users of the Message Board who have not connected within the last 90 days will be purged on August 16, 1998 in an effort to improve overall system performance.
- Due to an almost complete lack of use, the Real Time chat rooms will be retired on August 16, 1998. The browser-based chat rooms will continue to provide chat room service.
- Child Safety on the Information Highway, from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, offers excellent advice for parents and kids about ways to use the Internet safely.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Diabetes Care Made Easy by Allison Nemanic, RN, BA, Gretchen Kauth, RD, CDE, and Marion J. Franz, MS, RD, CDE, a good introductory book for newly diagnosed kids and young teens with diabetes.
- Alarming rise in children's diabetes reported in Canada.
- The Islet Foundation reports that recent studies have demonstrated the safety of pig tissue for use in xenografts.
- IBM employees can direct donations via United Way.
- Visit Todd's Rock Climbing and Diabetes Home Page and learn about Todd, who has had diabetes since he was 20 months old and now uses an insulin pump. He is trying to get a group of diabetics together to train for a mountaineering or climbing ascent of one of several peaks.
- Dr. Koop's Community, an on-line medical reference, has information about diabetes.
- Boehringer Mannheim's Diabetes Life Network has a nice section for kids and parents. Especially nice is the Blood Sugar Monitoring Owner's Manual, developed by with the Joslin Diabetes Center.
- Rick Mendosa writes about diabetes web sites with conferencing capabilities.
- The British Diabetic Children's Page is just beginning.
- The Diabetic Friends Action Network is offering a free kids eating package to all kids with diabetes.
- The Pharmacy Counter is a community pharmacy specializing in diabetes care.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:40
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.