Of Continuing Interest
- Please take a moment to become a member of Children with Diabetes and help support the world's largest diabetes on-line cummunity. Your financial support is needed to ensure that the children with DIABETES web site continues to help kids, parents and adults with diabetes all over the world.
- children with DIABETES will have a display at the American Association of Diabetes Educators annual meeting in Minneapolis, August 20-22, 1998. If you will be attending the AADE meeting, stop by, say hello, and register for a free sweatshirt and T-shirt.
- Users of the Message Board who have not connected within the last 90 days have had their user information purged to improve system performance.
- Due to an almost complete lack of use, the Real Time chat rooms have been retired. The browser-based chat rooms continues to provide chat room service.
New This Week
- Pumps at School is the topic of an informal chat session about how to prepare a child's school to handle kids on pumps. Tuesday, August 18, at 8PM Eastern Time in the Pump Users Chat Room.
- Marcelo Bellon Ferreira is a triathlon runner from Brazil who needs your help to be invited to the Iron Man Triathlon in Hawaii in October, 1998.
- Information about flu shots is available from the Diabetes Monitor.
- Progestin-only contraceptives may increase risk Of Type 2 diabetes in women who had gestational diabetes.
- Data show anti-obesity drug Xenical improves glucose and lipid levels in people with Type 2 diabetes.
- The Diabetic Gourmet is a superb cookbook with recipes tailored for people with diabetes.
- The Diabetes Control Cookbook and Diet Guide for Diabetics has over 500 recipes with complete nutritional information.
- Diabetes Management and Training Centers, Inc. offers world class training for diabetes professionals.
- Certified Diabetic Services, Inc. is a mail-order pharmacy dedicated only to caring for people with diabetes.
- Insulin Infusion Specialties (1-800-838-7867, or email@example.com) carries a great variety of pumping supplies and has a special Pump Buddies program to help potential pump wearers connect with people already wearing a pump.
- children with DIABETES received Virtual Nurse's Great Site Award for August 1998.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday August 29, 2002 20:59:52
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.