- Nicole Johnson, Miss America 1999, has Type 1 diabetes and uses an insulin pump.
- Peggy Shupp writes about the importance of camp.
- JDF advises that Congress nearing action on diabetes research funding bills; your immediate action needed to increase federal funding for diabetes research.
- UK Prospective Diabetes Study (UKPDS) shows risk of complications of diabetes can be reduced dramatically in people with Type 2 diabetes.
- Alternative Medicine -- The Risks of Untested and Unregulated Remedies is an excellent editorial recently published in the New England Journal of Medicine.
- Application of information technology in clinical diabetes care is the topic of a special issue of the journal Medical Informatics.
- The Ark Juvenile Diabetes Support Group helps with support, education, and supplies for those that are in need.
- Diabetes New Zealand acts as a national focal point for people affected by diabetes in New Zealand.
- New Zealand Diabetes Support Chat room hosts a chat on Wednesdays at 7:30 pm New Zealand time.
- The International Food Information Council has Questions and Answers about Acesulfame Potassium, an artificial sweetener.
- The Canadian Diabetes Association has an excellent overview of Diabetes and Celiac Disease.
- Studies Explore Abnormal Glucose Metabolism summarizes two recent studies, including the characteristics of diabetes in patients with cystic fibrosis.
- We've begun a list of Children's Hospitals with web pages.
- The MiniMed Texas website, announced last week, has been taken down.
- children with DIABETES received a five star rating from ABC's of Parenting.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:29
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.