Of Continuing Interest
- Children who have, or may have, Type 2 diabetes may qualify to participate in a research study of an investigational treatment for Type 2 diabetes.
New This Week
- Marissa Gets a Pump after nine years of injections.
- November is Diabetes Month in the United States. You can help raise awareness by handing out Children with Diabetes brochures and cards at your local pharmacy, library, and doctor's office. The brochures and cards are free.
- Children with Diabetes has acquired the Diabetes Monitor web site. Diabetes Monitor will be incorporated into Children with Diabetes during the month of November 1998.
- Lynn Wilson, RN, CDE (Diabetes Nurse Specialist) joins the Diabetes Team to help answer your questions about school-related issues. Lynn has over twenty years of professional diabetes care experience and currently works as a school nurse, assisting kids with diabetes and their families.
- Anyone considering pump therapy should read Bob Burnett's pump comparison.
- The Carousel of Hope Ball raised US$6.2 million for the Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, and Children with Diabetes was there.
- We review Diabetes Care for Babies, Toddlers, and Preschoolers: A Reassuring Guide by Jean Betschart.
- The Featured Book of the Week is The "I Can't Believe This Has No Sugar" Cookbook by Deborah E. Buhr.
- CureShirts describes one family's efforts to help raise money for the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation through sales of t-shirts.
- Camp Conrad-Chinnock has updated information for the 1999 summer camping season.
- The American Diabetes Association asks, When is a $2 billion raise bad?
- Last week's poll about insulin regimen yielded expected and unexpected results. This week's poll asks, "What type of meal planning do you or your child use?"
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:30
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.