- Shortage of Insulin Puts Diabetics at Risk in Russia.
- In case you missed it, Ann Landers says, "A person who would inject himself or herself at the dinner table in the presence of others exhibits gross insensitivity and very poor manners." Our readers disagree.
- Last week's poll asked readers their opinion about whether it is appropriate to inject insulin in public. This week's poll asks readers how often they or their child have an HbA1c test each year.
- JDF Volunteer Allison McDonough Responds to Ann Landers's Comment Regarding "Manners" for People with Diabetes.
- Stem Cell Research Offers Potential Benefits for Persons with Diabetes, reports the JDF.
- Diabetes is linked to embryonic cell death in pregnant women with poor blood sugar control, according to a recent laboratory research study done in mouse embryos. This article reconfirms the well-known advice that women with diabetes who are planning a pregnancy should get their blood sugar levels under control prior to conception.
- Why Are Kids Getting Type 2?, from the December 1998 issue of Diabetes Forecast, highlights the growing problem of kids being diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes.
- Night Hypos, also in the December 1998 issue of Diabetes Forecast, offers suggestions for treating and preventing nighttime hypoglycemia.
- Dr. Aaron Vinik of the Diabetes Institute Foundation chatted about islet cell regeneration at Melissa's Chat Room on December 3.
- Camp Sweeney, a diabetes camp near Dallas, Texas that has been serving kids with diabetes for 50 years, has updated information about the 1999 camping season.
- Novo Nordisk Pharma India Ltd. brings an Indian perspective to diabetes care.
- El Diabético Hispano offers Spanish-language information about diabetes.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Taming the Diabetes Dragon by Anne Dennis. This is a wonderful book for kids with diabetes and would make an excellent holiday gift.
- The new home page for Children with Diabetes debuted on December 5, 1998. Thanks to everyone who passed on their comments. The old home page is still available if you prefer the classic look.
- On Saturday, December 5, the Message Board underwent a significant upgrade. The new URL for the message board is http://community.childrenwithdiabetes.com:8081/~cwd. Users of the Message Board must login again with their userid and password. If you don't remember your userid and password, send e-mail to email@example.com for assistance.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:30
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.