Of Continuing Interest
- The new home page for Children with Diabetes debuted on December 5, 1998. Thanks to everyone who passed on their comments. The old home page is still available if you prefer the classic look.
- On Saturday, December 5, the Message Board underwent a significant upgrade and slight change in layout. The new URL for the message board is http://community.childrenwithdiabetes.com:8081/~cwd. Users of the Message Board must login again with their userid and password. If you don't remember your userid and password, send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
New This Week
- Each week we will feature one of the children from Kids' Voices on the home page. This week it's 11-year-old Christopher Hill, who has been using an insulin pump for over a year. If you want to have your own page, read How to Get Your Own Home Page.
- Allie Green is learning to do her own blood tests.
- Children with Diabetes offers advice on Developmental Issues by Age.
- First-Ever "Islets Alone" Transplant Performed On Type 1 Diabetes Patient reports on Jackie Warren Demijohn, who received an islet and bone marrow transplant at the Diabetes Research Institute.
- ACE inhibitors are prescribed to help reduce the risk of developing kidney disease in people with diabetes who have microalbuminuria. (Free Medscape membership required.)
- Cell Robotics Receives FDA Clearance for Home Use of Laser for Diabetes Groundbreaking Lasette is the First Medical Laser Device Ever Cleared by FDA for Home Use.
- Camp Happy Hollow in Indiana has information about its 1999 camping sessions.
- Meals for You has thousands of recipes on-line with full nutrition information.
- Dr. Aaron Vinik chatted about research into a cure on December, 10 1998.
- Last week's poll asked readers how often they or their child have an HbA1c test each year. This week's poll asks readers how often each week they or their child experiences hypoglycemia that requires treatment.
- In the last month, 89 new people have added their names to the Friends database. With over 3,800 names, you're sure to find someone just like yourself. If you're not already included, now's the time to add your name. If you're already there, please find your name and make sure your information is up to date.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Growing Up With Diabetes: What Children Want Their Parents to Know by Alicia McAuliffe.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:30
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.