- The Children with Diabetes web site grew considerably during 1998. Here are some of the highlights:
- We delivered over 6.2 million pages of information to over 770,000 visitors from 108 countries.
- The Diabetes Team published answers to 1,425 questions, bringing the total number of published questions to 3,022.
- 1,230 new Friends added their name to the database, bringing the total to over 3,880.
- We added hundreds of pages of new content, bringing the total number of pages on-line to over 4,300.
- We shipped almost 30,000 cards and brochures to people all over the world to help share the Children with Diabetes web site with others.
- Children with Diabetes begins the new year with a call for your support. Operating Children with Diabetes takes time and money. Our volunteers donate their time. Please help us meet our financial obligations by making a donation or becoming a member.
- Danielle Simu is eleven years old and lives in Sweden, close to the Finnish border.
- Suzanne shares her teenage experiences with struggling with meal plans and high blood sugars.
- Oonagh Crotty lives near Cork City, Ireland.
- Family Support Means Better Blood Sugars for Kids With Diabetes.
- The chat room program was updated to provide improved performance and require less resources on the server. If you have problems, access to the chat rooms via the old chat room program is still available.
- Gabapentin proves effective in treating neuropathy in patients with diabetes mellitus.
- The Circle of Life Camp has updated information for the 1999 summer camping season.
- Last week's poll asked readers where their child performs blood tests while at school. This week's poll asks readers what they use to treat hypoglycemia.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Fast Food Facts by Marion Franz, MS, RD, LD, CDE.
- We review Diabetes Meal Planning Made Easy by Hope Warshaw, MMSc, RD, CDE.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:30
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.