- Don't be misled. "Pancreas Tonic" is not a cure.
- An old "urban legend" about aspartame (the sweetener in NutraSweet and Equal) is once again circulating on the Internet. Learn the truth at Aspartame Warning - Urband Legends and Folklore by The Mining Company and Correcting Internet Myths About NutraSweet by the NutraSweet company.
- Chloe is in second grade and likes the Spice Girls.
- We review the Autopen by Owen Mumford.
- Each year, Home Diagnostics Incorporated, maker of the Prestige blood glucose meter, sponsors an art contest at camps for kids with diabetes.
- ADA has learned that for the second consecutive year, diabetes research will be getting a bigger budget boost than the overall NIH budget.
- Diabetes Research and Diabetes Care: Where do we stand? by Mayer B. Davidson, MD of the American Diabetes Association illustrates, among other things, the woeful lack of funding for diabetes research by the US National Institutes of Health.
- An education campaign that alerts teachers and parents to the symptoms of childhood diabetes can help identify children with undiagnosed diabetes.
- The Health Sciences Library from the State University of New York at Buffalo offers an excellent list of sources of diabetes information in its Diabetes Mellitus: A Reader's Guide.
- The St. Louis JDF chapter web pages highlight its local events and support groups.
- Last week's poll asked readers how they dispose of their lancets, syringes, and other "sharp" medical waste. This week's poll asks readers how often they do a blood test during the middle of the night.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Fast Food Facts by Marion Franz, MS, RD, LD, CDE.
- Our mirror of Rick Mendosa's On-line Diabetes Resources has been updated.
- Da Vinci Gourmet in Seattle offers DaVinci Gourmet Sugar Free syrups and a recipe database.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:30
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.