- John Ratzenberger offers a new Message From the Chairman.
- Brogan is six years old and lives in Scotland.
- Paddy uses an insulin pump and is a big Boston Red Sox fan.
- Robin Nobles shares her experiences with My Son has Diabetes--He Couldn't Possibly have ADD too!
- Camps for kids with diabetes with updated information for the 1999 camping season include:
- Camp Tokumto is a summer day camp for kids with diabetes in Cincinnati and Canton, Ohio.
- The Elliott P. Joslin Camp of the Joslin Diabetes Center is looking for keen, dedicated staff to work as Senior Counselors (males 18+ years), Junior Counselors (males 17+ years), a secretary, an accountant, and kitchen assistants. Interested applicants should contact Vicki Guy at 617-732-2455.
- Join us for a special chat session about about accommodating the needs of children with diabetes at school and Section 504 on Wednesday, May 12 at 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Hosts for the session will be Charla and Suzie, two moms with experience with Section 504 issues.
- Mini-fellowship in the Management of Diabetes offers medical professionals an opportunity to work at a camp for children with diabetes.
- A new kind of inhaled insulin was in the news last week. Previous inhaled insulin tests involved a dry powder.
- Fungus found to have insulin-like effects.
- Autoantibody appearance and risk for development of childhood diabetes in offspring of parents with type 1 diabetes: the 2-year analysis of the German BABYDIAB Study.
- Type 1 diabetes mellitus in early childhood: glycemic control and associated risk of hypoglycemic reactions.
- Advanced glycation end products in children and adolescents with diabetes: relation to glycemic control and early microvascular complications concludes that the risk of microvascular complications may be present at an early age.
- The snack is critical for the blood glucose profile during treatment with regular insulin preprandially.
- University of Iowa study suggests promising treatment for diabetic pregnancies.
- Study shows no statistical link between Haemophilus influenzae type b vaccination and Type 1 diabetes. John Barthelow Classen M.D., President and Chief Executive Officer Classen Immunotherapies, Inc., disagrees with findings. See also Hemophilus Meningitis Vaccine Linked to Diabetes Increase [Classen Immunotherapies, Inc. press release].
- A Hero's Medal, from Diabetes Interview, tells the story of Barbara Getz, who has lived with Type 1 diabetes for over 50 years.
- The POD Squad (Parents of Diabetics) serves parents of kids with diabetes in the East Bay near San Francisco, California.
- Lilly's Diabetes Today magazine is available on-line.
- Last week's poll asked readers when they performed urine ketone tests. This week's poll asks how readers about diabetes-related events they attend.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Taming the Diabetes Dragon by Anne Dennis. Illustrated by Thom Buttner.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:41
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.