- The Children with Diabetes 1998 Year End Report is available for downloading. This brief, five-page document outlines the highlights of 1998 and includes a breakdown of our income and expenses.
- Phillippa is 10 years old and lives in Australia, a few kilometres from the new Olympic Stadium.
- Ciara Lamoreau is 11 years old and was diagnosed in March 1999.
- Camps for kids with diabetes with updated information for the 1999 camping season include:
- Joslin Day and Outdoor Adventure Camp offers a free one-day camp and two-day camp for kids who live near southern Indiana. Adventure camp includes horseback riding and caving.
- Y2K Insulin by Eli Lilly addresses concerns you may have regarding availability of insulin and the Year 2000 computer issue.
- The Diabetes Prevention Project for Children in Manitoba aims to prevent the development of Type 2 diabetes in kids.
- Cygnus completes Pre-Market Approval application for the GlucoWatch.
- Alteon releases results of Phase I human trials of drug to limit the damage caused by Advanced Glycosylation End-products. (See A.G.E. Backgrounder for a primer on AGEs.)
- The excellent book and video entitled It's Time to Learn About Diabetes by Jean Betschart, MN, RN, CDE, is available free to families in the United States from Eli Lilly by calling 1-800-545-5979.
- Diabetes.com has been revamped under the new ownership of PlanetRx.
- Last week's poll asked readers if they've ever changed diabetes teams. This week's poll asks if readers if they would use 25 or 30 unit syringes with 1/2 unit markings.
- The Featured Book of the Week is The Dinosaur Tamer and Other Stories for Children with Diabetes by Marcia Levine Mazur, Peter Banks and Andrew Keegan.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:31
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.