- Sammy is nine and lives in Maine.
- Taren is 14 and was diagnosed in February 1999.
- Carol Turner writes about her daughter's diagnosis at two year of age.
- Children with Diabetes was at the 59th Annual Scientific Sessions of the American Diabetes Association. At our booth, we learned that the Children with Diabetes website is well respected among the diabetes community. Many doctors and nurses told us that we were the only diabetes website that they trusted enough to recommend to their patients.
This week, we have a report on new products shown or discussed at the show, including two new insulin pumps that have not yet been submitted to the FDA for approval. Next week, we'll have a report on research and poster presentations.
- The JDF Children's Congress convened in Washington, D.C. from June 20 to 22, to implore Congress to allocate more money into research for a cure for diabetes. Kids from all 50 states attended, bringing with them thousands of letters from kids, parents, and adults.
- Make plans to attend the Diabetes Research Institute "A World of Hope" Conference in October 1999 to learn about the latest research into a cure.
- Supreme Court Limits ADA Protection.
- Read about Chris Dudley, New York Knicks center, who has diabetes. (Free registration required)
- Mediconsult unveils new Treating Diabetes with Good Nutrition section.
- Last week's poll asked readers about their interest in a recent study about using pump therapy at night. This week's poll asks readers whether they carry medical identification products.
- We review The Best Year of My Life, a new book for kids with diabetes.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Sugar Isn't Everything by Willo Davis Roberts.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday August 29, 2002 20:59:54
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2014. Comments and Feedback.