Of Continuing Interest
- The Collection for Russia is planning a new shipment on August 5, 1999.
New This Week
- Alexander is seven years old and likes dinosaurs.
- Be Aware of Me and My Illness is a poem by Krystal Davis.
- The American Diabetes Association has a list of states that have enacted diabetes insurance coverage laws.
- Partial remission phase of diabetes in children younger than age 10 years reports on a recent study of the honeymoon period in young children.
- Karlsburg Type I diabetes risk study of a general population: frequencies and interactions of the four major Type I diabetes-associated autoantibodies studied in 9419 schoolchildren.
- The Los Angeles Times reports on the growing acceptance of alternative medicine among the public.
- Nicole Johnson Talks Frankly About How Having Diabetes Has Influenced Her Year As Miss America.
- The FDA has approved a new oral medication called Actos for people with Type 2 diabetes.
- Type One Diabetes Assistance & Enlightenment, Inc. (TODAE) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to helping individuals and families living with diabetes.
- Woolworths, a supermarket chain in Australia, has information about diabetes and nutrition on their web site.
- Last week's poll asked readers about who helped them adjust their insulin regimen. This week's poll asks readers how often they check their blood test meters with test solutions.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Diabetes Care for Babies, Toddlers, and Preschoolers: A Reassuring Guide by Jean Betschart, C.R.N.P., C.D.E.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:31
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.