Fall Fundraising Drive
- The Fall Fundraising Drive is underway. Our goal is to raise $20,000 to help ensure the continued operation of the world's largest independent diabetes web site. As of September 26, 1999, our Fall Fundraising Drive has raised $528. Thank you to everyone who has responded to our call for support. Please visit our secure on-line store to make a donation or purchase one of our shirts, hats, or our diabetes book.
- Highlighting our Fall Fundraising Drive, John Ratzenber offers a Message From the Chairman.
- If you are using Microsoft's Internet Explorer 5.0 and have been unable to connect to the secure online store, please see information about Internet Explorer 5.0.
New This Week
- Sion is eight and lives in Llanelli, South Wales, UK.
- Bryce is 20 months old and loves trucks and his dog Maggie.
- Laney is 5 years old and goes to Kindergarten in Nebraska.
- Christopher has two dogs and wants to meet other kids with diabetes.
- Angie is 11 years old and lives in New York.
- Shelly Tyler shares a poem she wrote entitled Yes, A 2 Year Old Can Get Diabetes.
- Myriad Genetics Discovers Diabetes Gene. See also Potential Cause for Diabetes.
- Bayer's Children's Health Care web site has lots of good information about children's health.
- Diabetic Candy sells sugar-free candy and other products.
- In case you missed it, you can read the transcript of the special Advanced Pumping chat hosted by Diabetes Nurse Specialist and pump trainer Steph Schwartz on September 23.
- Medicare to Pay for Insulin Pumps.
- JDF Advocacy Pays Off!
- We've updated our mirror of Rick Mendosa's On-line Diabetes Resources.
- Last week's poll asked readers how often they visit the Children with Diabetes web site. This week's poll asks readers about when they were diagnosed.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Sugar-Free Toddlers by Susan Watson.
- The Food Guide Pyramid is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday August 29, 2002 20:59:54
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.