- Zachary was diagnosed at 15 months old in September 1999.
- Jennifer is almost 16 and has had diabetes since she was 10.
- Matthew is 8 and has lots of questions about diabetes.
- Zachary Ullman was featured in the Boca Raton News. (Used with permission. Adobe Acrobat reader required.)
- Emily's Diabetes Webpage was written by Emily Adamski, who was featured on the cover of Diabetes Forecast.
- Westport 11-year-old has wish come true reports on girl with diabetes who receives free Disney Cruise.
- The Diabetes Team is taking time off during the Holiday Season to catch up on unanswered questions and spend time with families and friends. We'll begin taking new questions after the Holidays.
- A Patient's Toolkit, from the New York Daily News, discusses diabetes care products.
- Educational guidelines for achieving tight control and minimizing complications of type 1 diabetes offers guidelines to primary care physicians to help them teach patients about how to achieve tight control.
- JDF funds Center for Human Islet Transplantation in Seattle, Washington.
- Comparison of the effect of alpha-lipoic acid and alpha-tocopherol supplementation on measures of oxidative stress.
- Alpha-Lipoic acid decreases oxidative stress even in diabetic patients with poor glycemic control and albuminuria.
- How well are we doing? - Metabolic control in patients with diabetes compares the metabolic control in children and adolescents with Type 1 diabetes attending Brisbane paediatric diabetes clinics with published overseas data.
- Perinatal Risk Factors for Childhood Type 1 Diabetes in Europe presents a report from the EURODIAB Substudy 2 Study Group.
- Study reports that visual complications of diabetes are predictive of mortality.
- Kids with Diabetes is the web site of Jean Betschart, MN, MSN, CRNP, CPNP, CDE, pediatric nurse practitioner, diabetes educator, and author of several books about diabetes.
- Vlaamse Diabetes Vereniging is the web site of the Flemish Diabetes Association.
- Hope Handbags has a new diabetes carrying case.
- LifeTag is a new medical identification product.
- Last week's poll asked readers how many times they've needed to use glucagon. This week's poll askes readers if they would check their blood sugar more often if test strips were less expensive.
- We made some changes to the software that runs the poll. While we tested it thoroughly, if you notice any problems, please let us know.
- The Featured Book of the Week is The Ten Keys to Helping Your Child Grow Up With Diabetes by Tim Wysocki, Ph.D.
- Computerizing Your Meter is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:41
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.