Of Continuing Interest
- FDA to review GlucoWatch on Monday, December 6, 1999. See also the Yahoo! news report.
New This Week
- In November 1999, Children with Diabetes delivered over 1 million pages to people from 113 countries around the world.
- The Diabetes Team published 102 answers to questions in November 1999, bringing the overall total of published answers to 4,339.
- Jennyfer is 13 and lives in France.
- Camp Seale Harris, a camp for children with diabetes in Alabama, has updated dates for its 2000 camping season.
- Camp Hamwi, in central Ohio, also has updated dates for its 2000 sessions.
- WrightsLaw offers legal information for parents of kids with special needs, including kids with diabetes, regarding eduation and schooling. Section 504 and IDEA: Basic Similarities and Differences is particularly good.
- Progression to Diabetes in Relatives with Islet Autoantibodies.
- Ethyl chloride spray makes shots painless.
- Cygnus' GlucoWatch Monitor Approved for Sale in Europe.
- JDF brings us up to date on its advocacy efforts.
- eBioSafe in-home HbA1c kit has been approved by the FDA.
- The Accu-Base Hemogloboin A1c Sample Collection Kit is an in-home HbA1c kit.
- Creative Health Solutions offers a Year 2000 calendar for kids with diabetes.
- No More Needles ... Please is a video documentary about the search for a cure for Type 1 diabetes.
- SafeSharps makes a sharps-disposal product.
- We've updated our mirror of Rick Mendosa's On-line Diabetes Resources.
- Last week's poll asked readers if they would check their blood sugar more often if test strips were less expensive. This week's poll askes readers if their relatives have been tested as part of a diabetes prevention trial.
- The Featured Book of the Week is The Dinosaur Tamer and Other Stories for Children with Diabetes by Marcia Levine Mazur, Peter Banks and Andrew Keegan.
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes is Worth a Look.
- Looking for a special holiday gift? Visit the Children with Diabetes On-line Store for our logo polo shirts, Humpty Hats, and an excellent book about diabetes.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:41
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.