- We introduce a new, cleaner look to the home page for 2000.
- In December 1999, we published 100 new Ask the Diabetes Team questions and answers, bringing the 1999 total to 1,417 and the overall total to 4,439.
- Camp Crispi is a four-day cruise on Carnival Cruise for teens with diabetes ages 13 to 17, scheduled for Spring Break 2000.
- A new support group for parents of children with diabetes is forming in Syracuse, New York.
- Cody is a five year old Lab with diabetes. He needs a new home.
- Diabetes and Depression: Treat One, Improve Other.
- Report on the Diabetes Prevention Trial highlights need for more volunteers.
- Conquering Diabetes: A Strategic Plan for the 21st Century is the report of the Congressionally-established Diabetes Research Working Group. (Adobe Acrobat Reader required)
- Worldwide increase in incidence of Type I diabetes - the analysis of the data on published incidence trends.
- Monogenic diabetes mellitus in youth. The MODY syndromes.
- Early diabetes-related complications in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Hypoglycemia in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus. Risk factors, cognitive function, and management.
- Genetic markers, humoral autoimmunity, and prediction of type 1 diabetes in siblings of affected children.
- Last week's poll asked readers if they stockpiled extra diabetes supplies due to Y2K concerns. This week's poll asks readers how many different brands of blood glucose meters they regularly use.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Clinical Management of the Child and Teenager with Diabetes by Leslie Plotnick, M.D. and Randi Henderson.
- Kids' Voices is Worth a Look.
- On December 30, 1999, the Children with Diabetes web site was moved to a new server that is significantly more capable than the previous one. While each part of the web site was tested after the transition, if you find a problem, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- 1999 web site traffic statistics show a 56% increase in pages delivered and 84% increase in users sessions compared wtih 1998. 1999 totals for various measurements include:
- 26.2 million hits
- 9.7 million pages delivered
- 1.4 million user sessions
- Visitors from 113 countries
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:42
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.