- Join your friends from Children with Diabetes at our first official event -- a trip to Orlando, Florida in June 2000.
- Darcy is 8 and lives in Canada.
- Hannah is 5 1/2 and lives in England.
- Courtney is 5 1/2 and was diagnosed right before Christmas 1999.
- The Discovery of Insulin by Michael Bliss is now available in the Children with Diabetes Online Store.
- Camps for kids with diabetes that have updated dates for the 2000 camping season include:
- Camp Buck at Lake Tahoe is celebrating 10 years of camping.
- Camp De Los Niños, in San Jose, California, offers camp for kids with diabetes ages 6 to 13.
- Camp Fox is a one-week trip for teens to Catalina Island off the coast of southern California.
- Camp DJ Sequoia Lake offers teens ages 13 to 17 an adventure among the Giant Sequoia trees near Kings Canyon National Park.
- Camp Surf near San Diego offers teens with diabetes the chance to surf and sail.
- Camp Nejeda offers a camping adventure for children with diabetes in New Jersey.
- Camp Holiday Trails, a camp for children with special health needs, is located in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- Learn about Living With an Insulin Pump from MiniMed.
- FDA approves TheraSense blood glucose monitor.
- Frontiers in transplantation of insulin-secreting tissue for diabetes mellitus, from the Canadian Journal of Surgery, explores pancreas and islet cell transplants.
- Study confirms effectiveness of inhaled insulin in patients with Type 2 diabetes.
- Ketone bodies: a review of physiology, pathophysiology and application of monitoring to diabetes.
- Theophylline intoxication mimicking diabetic ketoacidosis in a child.
- Study reports on pancreas transplantation for the prevention of diabetic nephropathy.
- Study finds no deleterious effects of tight blood glucose control on 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure in normoalbuminuric insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus patients.
- New study explores cow's milk link to Type 1 diabetes.
- Prevention of autoimmune diabetes by oral administration of syngeneic pancreatic extract to young NOD mice.
- Autoantibody recognition of COOH-terminal epitopes of GAD65 marks the risk for insulin requirement in adult-onset diabetes mellitus.
- Porcine endogenous retroviral mRNAs in pancreas and a panel of tissues from specific pathogen-free pigs.
- Study reports mechanisms of coxsackievirus-induced damage to human pancreatic beta-cells.
- The Health Care Financing Administration has information about state programs to assist people who need help paying for diabetes care. These programs help families with uninsured kids whose parents earn too much to qualify for Medicaid.
- The January 2000 edition of the Diabetes Advocate is now online at the American Diabetes Association web site.
- Last week's poll asked readers how often they or their children see their diabetes team. This week's poll asks readers if they consider the glycemic index of foods in their meal planning.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Insulin-Dependent Diabetes in Children, Adolescents and Adults by Ragnar Hanas, M.D.
- Our list of Games and Other Products is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday August 29, 2002 20:59:54
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2014. Comments and Feedback.