Of Continuing Interest
- Join your friends from Children with Diabetes at our first official event -- a trip to Orlando, Florida in June 2000.
- The Discovery of Insulin by Michael Bliss is now available in the Children with Diabetes Online Store.
New This Week
- Lana is almost 12 and likes to jump horses.
- Alycia is almost eight and is thinking about getting a pump.
- Brett is almost five and lives in Kansas.
- Haylee is six-and-a-half and does her own blood tests.
- Dominick is five and lives in Pennsylvania.
- Brad is almost five and doesn't fuss for blood tests.
- Joshua is 3 1/2 and met President Ronald Reagan.
- Kelli has sent in an update to her story.
- Lashawn, Zachary's mom, shares her feelings about her son's diagnosis.
- Camps for kids with diabetes that have updated dates for the 2000 camping season include:
- Camp Carefree in New Hampshire provides two weeks of fun for kids with diabetes.
- Camp DAVI in the US Virgin Islands offers SCUBA diving for adults with diabetes, ages 17 and up.
- Chris Dudley Basketball Camp in Oregon is for boys and girls with diabetes, ages 10 to 17, who want to learn about basketball.
- Camp Hot Shots is a day camp for kids in Nebraska, Iowa and South Dakota.
- Beta Cell Replacement and Islet Transplantation, from the January/February 2000 issue of Diabetes Self-Management, offers a brief introduction to what some feel will be the cure for Type 1 diabetes.
- The Juvenile Diabetes Foundation calls for a response to the NIH guidelines on stem cell research.
- JDF and NIH Announce New Partnership to Study Diabetic Neuropathy.
- Outcomes of a Community Pharmacy-Based Diabetes Monitoring Program. (Free Medscape membership required)
- JAMA article reviews ways of Enhancing Diabetes Care in a Low-Income, High-Risk Population.
- DiabetesWebSite.com is the web site of authors June Biermann and Barbara Toohey.
- Last week's poll asked readers if they consider the glycemic index of foods in their meal planning. This week's poll asks readers if they would use an insulin pump if it were free.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Stop the Rollercoaster: How to Take Charge of Your Blood Sugars in Diabetes by John Walsh, P.A., C.D.E., Ruth Roberts, M.A., and Lois Jovanovic-Peterson, M.D.
- Our chat transcripts are Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday August 29, 2002 20:59:54
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.