Of Continuing Interest
- What You Need to Know about Type 2 Diabetes in Children.
- We're running a Diabetes and Allergy Survey.
New This Week
- Samuel is nine and was diagnosed in March 2000.
- Natalie is two and uses an insulin pump.
- Camps for kids with diabetes that have updated dates for the 2000 camping season include:
- Camp Conrad-Chinnock is located in the San Bernadino Mountains near Los Angeles, California. They even have an adult camp!
- Camp Coqui, located in the scenic Blue Ridge Mountains near Asheville, North Carolina, is looking for staff.
- Camp Cosmo offers a teen camp and a day camp for kids in Nebraska.
- Camp Korelitz in Clarksville, Ohio, between Cincinnati and Columbus, offers camp for kids ages 8 to 14.
- Chesapeake Health offers residence and day camps for kids with diabetes living near Chesapeake, Virginia.
- Triangle D, celebrating 49 years of camping, offers children with diabetes in northern Illinois a summer camping experience.
- Warner-Lambert withdraws Rezulin from the market.
- Two companies recall herbal products containing drug that cuts blood sugar.
- Chat with television reporter Tom Dawson on Tuesday, March 28 at 9:00 p.m. about medicine and the Internet.
- University of pittsburgh researchers devise simple insulin resistance test to predict heart disease in type 1 diabetics.
- Oral health in children and adolescents with IDDM.
- Comparing outpatient and inpatient diabetes education for newly diagnosed pediatric patients.
- Disease-associated autoantibodies as surrogate markers of type 1 diabetes in young children at increased genetic risk.
- Thyroid Autoimmunity in Children and Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes mellitus.
- Autoantibodies Predicting Diabetes mellitus Type I in Celiac Disease.
- Read abstracts from the 1999 ISPAD meeting.
- Roll Towards a Cure for Diabetes with a rollerskating fundraiser on Monday, April 24 from 5-7:30 pm at the Wheels in Motion Rollerskating Rink in Wharton, New Jersey. Proceeds benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation. Call Linda at 973-584-2928 for more information.
- Diabetes Station is a new web site with scheduled chats.
- TeenAgedDiabetes.co.uk is a web site about teens with diabetes in the UK.
- Last week's poll asked readers about where they get blood for blood tests. This week's poll asks readers if they have considered therapy for themselves or their child to help cope with diabetes.
- The Featured Book of the Week is The Unofficial Guide to Living with Diabetes by Maria Thomas with Loren W. Greene, M.D.
- New Friends are Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: jueves agosto 29, 2002 20:59:54
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.