- Donnieka is 17 and has had diabetes since 1995.
- We've added a Humorous Tidbits page to share the lighter side of living with diabetes.
- We've updated our page on HbA1c testing, with information about four in-home A1c tests that you can order.
- Read the transcript of the special School Chat with Steph Schwartz. In preparation for the chat, we added links to the following information sources that can help parents with diabetes at school:
- Comparative Analysis: IDEA, Section 504 and the ADA.
- Colorado Advisory Network information about Section 504.
- Using Flow Sheets to Improve Diabetes Care.
- Study finds that respiratory control is compromised very early in children with diabetes, leading to sleep apnea.
- Risk factors for cardiovascular disease in children with Type I diabetes.
- Blood glucose monitoring skills in children with Type I diabetes.
- Diabetes mellitus and helicobacter pylori infection.
- Beneficial effects of increasing monounsaturated fat intake in adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Study found that women could begin pump therapy during pregnancy and most continued to use the pump after delivery.
- Study reviews relationship of dietary fat to glucose metabolism.
- Post-prandial administration of the insulin analogue insulin aspart in patients with Type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Study examined carbohydrate sources and glycaemic control in Type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- What you always wanted to know about HbA1c provides an overview of HbA1c and a link to the German-language paper.
- Incidence of insulin dependent diabetes in youth in Israel.
- Study suggests that the new WHO guidelines do not significantly impact the prevelance of gestational diabetes.
- Insulin secretion and insulin sensitivity in relation to glucose tolerance. See also Impaired Fasting Glucose Distinct From Impaired Glucose Tolerance (free Medscape membership required).
- The Persistent Hyperinsulinemic Hypoglycemia of Infancy web site is dedicated in honor of children who daily cope with the difficulties of PHHI, also known as familial hyperinsulinism (HI) or nesidioblastosis.
- The 450/500 Rule measures insulin sensitivity in people with Type 1 diabetes.
- We review a great new game about diabetes called Learning About Diabetes: A Game For Healthy Living.
- Looking for a new cookbook? Try Cooking with the Dibaetic Chef.
- Last week's poll asked readers if they or their child have been tested for celiac. This week's poll asks readers how often they get an HbA1c test done.
- The Featured Book of the Week is The Discovery of Insulin by Michael Bliss.
- Our list of Magazines and Periodicals is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday August 29, 2002 20:59:54
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.