- Brittney, age nine, offers her tips from years of living with diabetes.
- Kayla and Kelsey bring us up to date with their new pumps!
- Mie Kaieda lives in Tokyo, Japan.
- We've added a page describing Type 2 diabetes.
- Diabetes Myths often get in the way of good control or an enjoyable life. Each week, we'll debunk a diabetes myth.
- Multicenter Trial of the Edmonton Protocol to Begin in Fall 2000. See also:
- President Clinton Announces Major New Investment in Diabetes Research, Treatment, and Prevention.
- The Immune Tolerance Network reports on the new Multicenter Trial of the "Edmonton Protocol" for Islet Transplantation.
- New Diabetes Treatment Coming To Boston.
- Study demonstrates in vitro cultivation of human islets from expanded ductal tissue.
- Study found that coping skills training for youth with diabetes had long-lasting effects on metabolic control and quality of life.
- Study explored the coping and social support of parents with a diabetic child.
- Study concludes that both friends and family are important to support adolescents as they live with and manage their diabetes.
- A modest increase in the monounsaturated fat content of an adolescent diet has the potential to improve glycaemic control and lipid profile.
- Inhaled insulin as effective as injections. (Free Medscape membership required)
- The Diabetes Trial Unit of the University of Oxford is running several diabetes studies.
- Users of Avandia can take advantage of a new Online Blood Sugar Tracker.
- Jewish Diabetes is a new discussion group for people looking for help in managing diabetes within the dietary laws of Judaism.
- Diabetes Direct is a mail order pharmacy that offers insurance and Medicare billing services.
- SteviaNOW is an online store for stevia products.
- Last week's poll asked readers how often they get an HbA1c test done. This week's poll asks readers which product they use most often to deliver insulin.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Growing Up With Diabetes: What Children Want Their Parents to Know by Alicia McAuliffe.
- Our page of Humorous Tidbits is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:34
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.