- Angela is 13 1/2 and loves pigs.
- Cassie is 13 and was just diagnosed.
- On Saturday, July 29, several "Children with Diabetes" familes got together in New York for an afternoon cruise.
- Learning 'a regular life' highlights the importance of summer camp for kids with diabetes.
- We review the new Therasense Freestyle blood glucose meter, which takes only 0.3 microliters of blood and features alternative site testing (no fingersticks!).
- We have updated the Meter Comparison Spreadsheet by Tom Bartol.
- We've added a page about gestational diabetes.
- ADA's Sweet Kids in Broome County, New York will be having a family picnic on Tuesday, August 8th at Arnold Park in Vestal, New York. The event is free. There will be Food, Fun and Games! Please RSVP to Brenda at email@example.com by August 6th.
- JDF now has an index of Countdown articles from Spring 1992 to Summer 2000 online. Articles can be ordered at no cost from JDF.
- The Kids with Diabetes in School Resource Page by the Canadian Diabetes Assocation is an excellent resource for parents and teachers.
- The interactive Diabetes Timeline provides a historical look at diabetes.
- Diabetes World is the true story of six teens with diabetes who came together to build web pages about their experiences with diabetes.
- Diabetes Voice is the bulletin of the International Diabetes Federation.
- The New England Journal of Medicine has published an editorial on Successful Islet Transplantation for Patients with Diabetes -- Fact or Fantasy?
- Can we create new organs from our own tissues? reviews potential future methods of curing metabolic disorders such as diabetes.
- Acceleration of type 1 diabetes by a coxsackievirus infection requires a preexisting critical mass of autoreactive T-cells in pancreatic islets.
- Study Suggests Diabetics Can Use Light to Measure Glucose.
- The Transplantation Xeno-Derby explores the challenges of using of pigs as a source of transplant tissue for humans.
- Study reviewed chronic sorrow in parents of children with newly diagnosed diabetes.
- Study examined risk factors for microalbuminuria in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Study finds that teens with Type 1 diabetes have increased testosterone levels.
- The FDA Consumer magazine has an article entitled "Overcoming Juvenile Diabetes With a Little Planning And High-Tech Tools".
- Last week's poll asked readers how their HbA1c has changed in the past year. This week's poll asks readers when they or their child last had their feet tested for loss of feeling.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Taking Diabetes to School by Kim Gosselin.
- The Risk of Developing Type 1 Diabetes is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:42
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.