- We add two new stories from kids with diabetes:
- Amy-Lee is seven and lives in Australia.
- Keira was 13 months old when she was diagnosed with Type 1.
- We add two new stories from adults with diabetes:
- Brenda is interested in the insulin pump
- Cliff Tener shares his experiences and advice about foot care
- The Beast Within was written by Linda Kaniasty for her daughter Megan.
- Our Body Weight and Health Risk calculator can help adults understand their risk for developing diabetes.
- Foot care is an essential component of daily diabetes care.
- We'll be in San Diego exhibiting at the 27th annual meeting of the American Association of Diabetes Educator. Watch for our report from the meeting beginning Thursday, August 10.
- Study explores association between rotavirus infection and pancreatic islet autoimmunity in children at risk of developing type 1 diabetes.
- Finnish study finds enterovirus infection to be a risk factor for beta-cell autoimmunity.
- Study reports on T-cell responses to enterovirus antigens in children with type 1 diabetes.
- Study confirms rapid appearance and onset of action of insulin aspart in paediatric subjects with type 1 diabetes.
- An editorial in the British Medical Journal discusses thiazolidinediones for type 2 diabetes.
- Pregnancy in Type 1 diabetes induces a transient increase in the risk of worsening of existing retinopathy. (Free Medscape membership required)
- Ingested interferon-alpha prevents allograft islet transplant rejection.
- Gender-related differences in counterregulatory responses to antecedent hypoglycemia in normal humans.
- Increased circulating nitric oxide in young patients with type 1 diabetes and persistent microalbuminuria: relation to glomerular hyperfiltration.
- Infant using insulin pump may be youngest pump user ever.
- The Dietary Shoppe features sugar free, gluten free, and low sodium foods.
- Last week's poll asked readers when they or their child last had their feet tested for loss of feeling. This week's poll asks readers about where their insurance allows them to purchase diabetes supplies.
- The Featured Book of the Week is The Unofficial Guide to Living with Diabetes by Maria Thomas with Loren W. Greene, M.D.
- Could You Have Diabetes And Not Know It? is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:42
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.