- This week we launch two scheduled chats: Food Matters and the Virtual Support Group.
- Join us on Monday, September 18 at 9:00 pm Eastern US for the first Food Matters chat. The topic: Carbs and Control. Your host: Betty Brackenridge.
- Join us on Wednesday, September 20 at 9:00 pm Eastern US for the first Virtual Support Group let by diabetes educators Kris Swenson and Betty Brackenridge. This week's topic: Type 2 Diabetes.
- Sandy has made a web page for her daughter Colleen Claire.
- Boy battles diabetes, sandtraps.
- Jackson family has special incentive to participate in Walk to Cure Diabetes.
- Young Bountiful diabetic honored for being an inspiration to others.
- Diabetes Patient Embarks on 4-Month 'Ultra-Marathon'.
- Kodiak Bear is a police dog with diabetes.
- We're helping a college student run a College Project Survey.
- Editorial in the British Medical Journal asks Can islet cell transplantation treat diabetes?.
- California passes law requiring in-classroom or close-to-classroom blood glucose testing for all kids with diabetes.
- The Sweet Kids support group (Broome County, New York) for kids ages 5-13 will be having a Fall Fun Event at El Ranch de Paz in Owego, New York on October 14th from 7-9pm. Please join us for a hayride and bonfire. E-mail Brenda at email@example.com for more information.
- High blood pressure and diabetes mellitus: are all antihypertensive drugs created equal?.
- Study explored Diabetes and oral health promotion.
- Current Opinion in Endocrinology & Diabetes includes full-text articles, including:
- Diagnosing diabetes in 2000.
- Glycemic index of foods and glycemic control in type I diabetes.
- The cause of the epidemic of type 2 diabetes in children.
- Comparison of insulin regimens for patients with type 2 diabetes.
- Recent advances in the genetics of maturity-onset diabetes of the young and other forms of autosomal dominant diabetes.
- Study examines the Pathogenesis of Type 2 Diabetes. (Free Medscape membership required)
- Paper explores Innovations in Managing Type 2 Diabetes. (Free Medscape membership required)
- Pathogenesis of Obesity concludes that "obesity produces insulin resistance, which, in turn, leads to a number of the associated diseases that cause morbidity and premature mortality in many persons." (Free Medscape membership required)
- Effect of Niacin on Lipid and Lipoprotein Levels and Glycemic Control in Patients With Diabetes and Peripheral Arterial Disease.
- MiniMed has redone its website.
- Faces of Diabetes is a 2001 Calendar being sold this fall for the benefit of Juvenile Diabetes Foundation.
- Sugar Bytes offers "easy to digest diabetes information for Canadians."
- Last week's poll asked readers if they are interested in insulin pump therapy. This week's poll asks readers what type of meal planning they use.
- The Featured Book of the Week is The Diabetic Gourmet by Francine Prince.
- The Food Guide Pyramid is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday August 29, 2002 20:59:54
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2014. Comments and Feedback.