- Read the transcript of our chat about I Don't Want To Be the "Food Police!".
- Join us for our weekly Food Matters chat on Monday, November 13th at 9pm Eastern in the "Food Matters" chat room. This week's topic is "Food Label Detective: In Search of Hidden Carbs" with host is Hope Warshaw.
- Join us for our monthly Virtual Support Group: Type 2 Diabetes chat on Wednesday, November 15th at 9pm with Kris Swenson and Betty Brackenridge in the "Virtual Support" room.
- Children with Diabetes Helps Orlando Family In Need.
- 7-year-old is excelling in spite of diabetes.
- Diabetes can't slow Wisconsin's Echols.
- Children with Diabetes Editor Jeff Hitchcock and Diabetes Team member Dr. Marco Songini were in Mexico City from November 4 through 7 to present the Children with Diabetes web site to the 17th Congress of the International Diabetes Federation.
- Read the Children with Diabetes presentation. (Presentation works best with the latest version of Microsoft's Internet Explorer.)
- Read our summary of new products shown at the Congress.
- Study recommends life-long supplementation with vitamin E for all people with type 1 diabetes.
- Study compared the new long-acting Insulin Glargine [Lantus] with NPH in patients using Lispro in a basal-bolus regimen.
- Medscape offers a summary of the 36th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes.
- Study reports on elevation of vitreous leptin in diabetic retinopathy and retinal detachment.
- PPL Therapeutics, the company that created Dolly, the cloned sheep, is focusing attention on pigs as a source of xenotransplant tissue for curing diabetes.
- Guilford Pharmaceuticals is developing NAALADase inhibitors, a potential treatment for diabetic neuropathy.
- Legislature battles over the best way to provide diabetes care.
- Female Pancreas Transplant Recipients at Risk for Hormone Abnormalities. (Free Mescape membership required)
- LifeScan is offering U.S. Customers a Healthy Selections Recipe Box with 46 diabetes recipe cards inside. The recipes are low-fat, easy-to make, and include complete nutritional and Diabetes Exchange information. While supplies last.
- NovoMenu is a diabetes-information portal published by Novo Nordisk. Links include:
- NovoRapid, all about Novo's new rapid acting insulin analog.
- NovoAlert is a scientific communication service on Diabetes for the international health care community. (Registration is required)
- Survival Kit - The 5-minute Education Programme offers quick tips about diabetes care.
- Teaching Retinopathy provides information about diabetic retinopathy screening and includes a self assessment retinopathy diagnosis exercise.
- Innovo shows Novo's new insulin delivery system.
- Diabetes Guidelines, which includes the following publications:
- The ISPAD 2000 Consensus Guidelines for the Management of Type 1 Diabetes in Childhood and Adolescence.
- A Guide to Type 1 (Insulin-dependent) Diabetes Mellitus
- A Guide to Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.
- The Saint Vincent Declaration Guidelines for Type 2 Diabetes.
- Ethnic Groups with Diabetes offers information and guidance aimed at Pakistanis with diabetes. Information is in both English and Arabic.
- Your Diabetes World includes information about living with Type 1 diabetes, and includes a diabetes quiz.
- Diabetes Diary is an electronic logbook that you download and install on your computer. The diary only accommodates integer values for insulin, so you can't record half-unit amounts.
- Childhood Diabetes is for health care professionals working with children and adolescents with diabetes.
- The goal of the Diabetes Education Study Group of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) is to encourage and support therapeutic education about diabetes and the rapid diffusion of acquired scientific knowledge in the field.
- IDEA 2000, an international group of people with insulin dependent diabetes committed to leading healthy and adventurous lives and helping diabetics in need, has an upcoming expedition to Aconcagua.
- Disetronic USA has revamped its web site.
- The National Guideline Clearinghouse is a comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents. You can review their list of selected diabetes guidelines or a larger list from searching for diabetes-related guidelines.
- Black and Brown Sugar offers diabetes information regarding African American, Latino and other minority populations.
- World Diabetes Day: Help at hand for diabetics.
- Last week's poll asked readers about who is responsible for arranging refills of diabetes prescriptions and supplies. This week's poll asks if pump-using readers have ever stopped using the pump.
- The Featured Book of the Week is The Best Year of My Life: Book 1: Getting Diabetes by Jed Block.
- Our summary of the Alberta Foundation Islet Transplant work is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:34
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.